We asked some
of the most successful agents we know, what they consider the most important things to repair before selling
a property to
This is what they told us:
• Remove dark and chipped paint and use light and neutral colours as this will appeal to more buyers.
• Remove any wallpaper as wallpaper really dates a property
. • Remove any junk in the front and backyards and replace any missing fence boards
• Mow the grass and take out any weeds and plant some flower beds
• Address any problems with your roof as this is one of the first things buyers will look at
• Install new fixtures in the kitchen and replace counter-tops to something more appealing
• Clean the bathroom and repair any problems with toilets and taps
• Replace the toilet seat, clean the grout and replace any missing tiles
• Ditch any heavy curtains for lighter materials that let in light
• Remove any dated light fixtures for newer, energy efficient options
• Refinish any hardwood floors
• Check that all door knobs and locks are working
Looking for your next property loan?
Contact us @ email@example.com for a no obligation discussion with our trusted Finance Partner.
Sunday, 27 January 2019