Claiming from the bond if you do not know where the tenant is (Victorian Landlords)

If you need to claim from the bond and you cannot get the tenants to sign a Bond Claim form, you need to make an application to the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT).

The VCAT Order will direct the Residential Tenancies Bond Authority (RTBA) on who it should repay the bond to. For application forms, view VCAT's website or call 03 9628 9800.

Post the completed Bond Claim form, with the VCAT Order, to:


Locked Bag 007

Wendouree VIC 3355

·      Don’t forget to enter the Bond Payment in the Services Ledger and upload a copy of the Bond Form onto to platform to form part of the tenancy file.


Use RealRenta to automatically manage each tenancy.

RealRenta keeps comprehensive records of each transaction with time and date stamps for auditing purposes.

Use RealRenta for Free for up to 2 months: www.realrenta.com.au


* Get all the benefits of RealRenta’s ledger by using RealRenta Essential- a completely FREE version of RealRenta.

RealRenta Essential enables property investors to take advantage of RealRenta’s ledger systems by manually entering in all transactions.

RealRenta Essential provides investors with all the benefits of the RealRenta platform, minus the automation.


Jason Gwerder
Tuesday, 23 April 2019

Join our mailing list Receive Free Property Tips and news

Now Partnered With


Contact Us

1300 11 RENT (7368)