Before you put in an offer perform your own visual inspection of the property.
this inspection you may become aware of items you would like the seller to
repair before you purchase the property.
It will also give you a good idea what
the Building Inspector should be looking for and providing in the inspection
issues that you should look for inside the home include:
- Sagging ceilings
- Gaps around window and door
- Check floors for cracks and
- Fine cracks in the internal
- Large cracks in the walls
- Deflections and straightness of
external roof tiles
- Rust on the inside edges of
- Dangling wires
- Loose wires
- Any signs of asbestos
- Puddles on lawns
ensure that there are stormwater soakwells into which downpipes discharge.
- Corrosion or water stains in
sinks, baths and showers
- Mould or mildew in the kitchen
- Do the electrical switches
- Are the outlets grounded?
- What is the condition of the
- Are there puddles on the lawn
- Do you hear noises when you use
appliances are included, check the condition of the:
Sounds and Odours
you move around inside and outside the property, take note of any unusual
sounds or odours.
- Is it temporary or permanent?
- Can it be rectified?
odours could indicate rising damp, which could lead to costly issues.
Contact us @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesday, 17 March 2020