No one wants to end up in court.
By implementing excellent management practices, you can eliminate the majority of reasons that a tenant might use to sue you.
Here are 10 of the best practices from RealRenta, to help you prevent and avoid legal disputes with tenants:
• Screen tenants properly.
Use RealRenta’s Bad Tenant Check facility to screen any potential tenant.
• Show respect and conduct all interactions fairly
• Use RealRenta to communicate directly with your tenants- as the platform dates and time stamps all interactions between you and the tenant and creates an audit trail and history of the tenancy.
• Document everything and upload all photos and documents on to the RealRenta platform to form part of the file for the tenancy
• Keep tenants informed every step of the way when it comes to repairs and maintenance
• Provide a safe and secure property- landlords can be held liable for a tenant’s losses within the premises
• Stay on top of repairs and respond to all requests promptly
• Familiarise yourself with the landlord-tenant act in your area and all the relevant statutes regarding rent, obligations, rights, security deposits and eviction
• Show compassion to your tenants if they find themselves in unforeseen difficulties and duress
• Reward good behavior if they pay rent in advance or waive a late fee if they are repeatedly good payers and they are only late once
• Use a legal advisor if you are evicting a tenant or being sued for injury.
RealRenta Landlords can save up to $1,200 or more per year in fees, doing away with agent inefficiencies for good, whilst maintaining a professional veneer as a landlord.
Use RealRenta now for Free for up to 2 months and you will NEVER hand over your investment income to a Property Manager EVER AGAIN!
Start your Free Trial here: https://app.realrenta.com/Signup.aspx
Monday, 22 July 2019