There are laws in place to protect potential tenants from discrimination when applying for a rental property.
There are however, legal instances when a tenants’
rental application can be denied, if any of the following factors are present:
· They don't have the proven income to make rent.
· They have bad credit, overdue accounts, or a bankruptcy on their
· They smoke cigarettes or marijuana.
· They have a pet (that's not a service animal).
· You can't verify their income.
· They have a history of not paying rent, getting evicted, or
damaging their rental properties.
· They provided false information on their application.
· They don't agree to a background or credit check, or they don't
fill out the application fully.
· They have bad references.
· Their employment history is spotty.
· They committed a violent crime or one that was drug/property-related.
Always be upfront about your requirements and be sure to
process each application in the same manner.
Don’t forget, you can access Bad Tenant Checks from RealRenta for as little as $25.
Not yet a RealRenta
your free trial here: https://app.realrenta.com/Signup.aspx
Monday, 6 January 2020