Welcome to our new property investment round-up blog, where we quickly cover all the latest news items that are important for investors.
So what is happening?
• Strongest national rental growth in Canberra , where rents are up 5.6% over the year (source: CoreLogic)
• National property values declined by 1% over January (CoreLogic)
• Sydney dwelling values down 4.5 per cent and Melbourne values 4.0 per cent lower to January 2019 (CoreLogic)
• National Rents increased by 0.2 [of a percentage point] for the quarter and increased by just 0.5 [of a percentage point] for the year.The average annual change has been less than 1.0 per cent since March 2016. (REIA)
• NAB’s Residential Property Survey Q4 2018 found that sentiment among over 300 property experts has fallen to "a new survey low”, according to the report, dropping by 11 points to -20 for the last quarter.
NAB’s picks for growth in 2019
NAB also provided the suburbs that were likely to enjoy above-average growth over 2019.
Those suburbs are:
New South Wales
• Surry Hills
• Gold Coast
• Sunshine Coast
Saturday, 9 February 2019